Mount Alexander Shire Council logo
Skip Links

Current emergencies

Fallen tree in storm

Read this page to find out more about current emergencies in Mount Alexander Shire and how to assist fire affected communities across the state.

This page is regularly updated.

Flood Emergency 2022

Stay up to date with Council's flood updates, recovery and road closures on our 2022 flood information.

Coronavirus COVID -19

Mount Alexander Shire Council is continuing to provide council services and has activated its regional pandemic plan to respond to coronavirus COVID -19.

For the latest information on the impact on Council services visit our dedicated page on coronavirus.

How you can help

Managing emergencies is a responsibility shared by individual residents, agencies and the community. You can play a vital part in your community emergency management effort by planning for an emergency, finding out how to plan and prepare for bushfires and being familiar with your local Bushfire place of last resort.

Make sure you continue to stay informed via emergency agencies and resources (see information below).

Donations for bushfire recovery

In true Aussie spirit community members are eager to make a donation of money or goods. The best way people can help impacted communities is by making a financial donations to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal or other official charities.

The Victorian Government has partnered with Bendigo Bank and The Salvation Army to establish the Victorian Bushfire Appeal, dedicated to helping Victorians impacted by the recent bushfires.

• To make a donation to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal at any Bendigo Bank branch or online via
• To make fodder donations for livestock contact the Victorian Farmers Federation 1300 882 833 or visit
• To make a donation to assist native wildlife contact Wildlife Victoria visit

Stay informed

• Go to
• Listen to ABC Local Radio, commercial and designated community radio stations, or Sky News TV.
• Phone the VicEmergency Hotline to talk to someone about recover on 1800 226 226 (freecall).
• People who are deaf, hard of hearing, or who have a speech/communication impairment can contact VicEmergency Hotline via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
• For help with English, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to telephone VicEmergency Hotline. If you know someone who cannot speak English, provide them with this number.
• Download the VicEmergency app or follow VicEmergency on Twitter (#vicstorms) or Facebook.
• Monitor the latest weather information at the Bureau of Meteorology -
• Find out the latest information on power outages.

For community information on what to do before, during and after a bushfire visit Better Health Channel's Bushfire Emergency Information web page.

For more about storm safety, how to get ready and know what to do, visit

Animal welfare

Agriculture Victoria is responsible for coordinating animal welfare response and recovery activities.
• Contact Agriculture Victoria AW assessment damage and loss number on 1800 226 226
• Call the RSPCA for temporary emergency accommodation on 03 9224 2222 or visit
• For injured animals, ring Wildlife Victoria’s 24 hour contact line on 13 000 94535 or
• For information on how to rescue and support wildlife visit WIRES and Wildlife Victoria.

Triple Zero Logo




Powered by